Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Write-Up for Project 02

So, working with After Effects is exciting! I noticed that it has fairly simple commands unlike something, say ToonBoom, which is more complicated: however, in the end they are just different animals. I will say that I found After Effects preferable for cutout, collage animation which is an avenue I would like to continue with in the future. Also, I know this is the first assignment so our knowledge of the program is limited, but I felt pretty restricted when making this piece, especially when wanting a character to flip orientation, which I found I couldn't really do on a velocity graph.

Working with my assets felt very natural in After Effects and seemed well-suited to the type of assets I used. My concept seemed to fit well with this blocky, image-on-a-stick aesthetic which works for me. I had no problems with getting my assets to fit or looking clean. Ultimately, I am excited to see what effects I will learn in the future that will push this piece to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment