Thursday, September 2, 2010

Concepts for Project 01

Finally--I think my concept can finally settle around the bottom of the glass and chill out. After lots of thinking and pouting, I've decided to return to that puppet and storybook aesthetic. In my heart, I'm a story-teller, and I want these little vignettes to capture the essence of puppetry and storybook text and images. Now, with this assignment...

IN A NUTSHELL: An undersea diver goes to find a mermaid in an underwater cave, only to find that she's the other kind of mermaid.

I definitely want to go for a "floating paper hand puppet" look. There will textures places on each character and prop that will give the appearance of floating paper; they will also have a cutout area around them to further push the image of a cutout piece of paper. Observe my main character, the deepsea diver:
I also would like to use storybook style handwritten text to convey what the diver is thinking and to add a second layer of information. All of the images will be hand drawn and inked by me and finished with textures and color in photoshop.

Here is also my storyboard so as to better see my process


No comments:

Post a Comment